Below is a detailed overview on everything you ever wanted to know about Diabetes
- Metabolic syndromes: It is a cluster of conditions — increased blood pressure, a high blood sugar level, excess body fat around the waist and abnormal cholesterol levels — that occur together, increasing your risk of heart disease, stroke and diabetes.
- Sleep deprivation
Early signs and symptoms
- Frequent urination
- Increased thirst
- Blurred vision
Later signs and symptoms
- Fruity-smelling breath
- Nausea and vomiting
- Shortness of breath
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
Tests and Diagnosis
- HbA1C test
- Blood sugar/Urine sugar tests
- Glucose tolerance test
- Eye exam and vision testing.
- Serum Creatinine test
- Urine Microalbumin test
Treatment and drugs
- Life style modifications : Exercises, diet, yoga, meditations, etc.
- Tablets/capsules which reduce blood sugars :Oral hypoglycemic drugs.
- Insulin injections.
- Preventive health check up, doctor visits and investigations.
Lifestyle and home remedies
- 30 min to 45 min of aerobic exercise (Walking, Cycling,) should be performed.
- Reduce Salt intake as individuals are at risk for developing hypertension
- Stress management
- Restrict Fluid intake.
- Eat Healthy.
- Good dental hygeine.
- Care of your feet and nails.
- Maintain required body weight as per your height.
- Lose weight
- Physical Activity
- Lower your blood sugar
- Get plenty of fibre. Go for Whole grains
- Skip fad diets and make healthier choices
- Don’t smoke.
- Keep your blood pressure and cholesterol under control
- Schedule yearly physicals and regular eye exams
- Take care of your teeth.
- Pay attention to your feet.
- If you drink alcohol, do so responsibly.
Diabetes cannot be cured; but can be controlled with the above measures.
The longer and sustained the control, the better your health and longevity.
This is the key to successful diabetic management.
To book our Diabetes Package Call 080 – 33197515