This Republic Day, take a pledge to stay healthy. Portea wishes all of you a Happy Republic Day.
Who doesn’t want to lead a healthy life? We all do but some way or the other, most of us don’t do what it takes on a daily basis. Busy schedule and modern lifestyle remains one of our most common excuses. However, leading a healthy life is no rocket science. It is all about one’s will power.
Before going further, let’s understand what defines a healthy living. Healthy food, walking, running, exercises etc. are few ingredients of a healthy life. From morning breakfast to a healthy night sleep, you need to take care of few small things in order to pursue a healthy living. Besides, healthy living also includes good mental health. In simple terms, a stress-free life with healthy food and exercises can be referred to healthy living.
Here are 5 simple healthy tips that will help you live a healthy life.
1. Drink more water: This one is the most common advice given and taken by almost everyone but followed by a few. Water is one of the major necessities for our body to function. Most of us don’t drink as much water because we tend to forget. The best way is to carry a water bottle or keep it at your work station, study table or bed table so that you remember to drink water often.
2. Eat healthy: When we say eat healthy, we don’t just mean leafy vegetables and steamed fish. Our body needs adequate amount of protein, minerals and vitamins and we need to make sure we fulfil these needs through a healthy diet. Also the saying goes, have breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar. Besides, avoid eating too much of junk food to maintain a healthy weight.
3. Sleep well: Did you know that lack of sleep leads to early ageing. You definitely don’t want that to happen. Just healthy food would do no help without adequate rest. Get enough rest and build a routine of regular hours of sleep. This will let you experience better sleep and improve your sleeping habits.
4. Exercises: This might not mean hitting the gym or following heavy workout all the time. A brisk-walk or a mile’s run can make a big difference. Besides, small changes to your lifestyle like choosing stairs over lift can be of great help and adds on to your healthy habits. Also, if you are a sports person you can always stay fit and active while playing your favourite sport.
5. Love yourself: As we have mentioned earlier in this post, mental health is equally important like physical health. Stay happy inside and that will definitely show in your face and body. Give time to yourself and indulge in activities that make you happy. An hour to yourself everyday will wash away the stress that your mind accumulates throughout the day.
These are few simple tips that can bring a huge difference to your life. So, let’s start this regime from today because yesterday, we said tomorrow. Take a pledge to stay healthy and happy this republic day. At the same time, we at Portea make you a commitment to delivery best quality services at home health care. Once again Portea wishes all of you the best of health and a very happy republic day. Stay healthy, stay happy!