The most common affliction troubling young adults and middle-aged professionals today is the quintessential back pain. Checkout this post to know more about causes & tips on Back Pain.
While there are several reasons for this seemingly simple disorder, the following are the most common ones:
- Sitting for long hours
- Bending frequently
- Lifting a heavy weight in an in correct posture
- Sitting slouched
- Excess body weight
- Weak core stability
- Sedentary lifestyle
Like most diseases, back pain is far easier to prevent than it is to treat.
A few simple tweaks and trims in your lifestyle can ensure you never have to face this pain in your back!
- Exercising regularly is the single most effective factor in keeping your back healthy.
- If your job requires you to remain seated for a long time, ensure that you get up at least once in every 45 minutes and walk a few steps. This allows your back to take a break from a sustained position.
- While you are seated, pay close attention to your posture. Ideally use a straight back chair with a low-back (lumbar) support to help you sit correctly.
- Make sure your feet rest comfortably on the ground. If not, please use a small stool under your feet for support.
- Using a firm mattress when you sleep is good for the back as it provides a healthy support through out the night.
- To lift heavy objects, bend at the knees and squat instead of bending at the waist, which pressurizes the back.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Avoid smoking.
For those of you who already have a back problem, consult a physiotherapist to diagnose and treat you for the same. A few correct exercises performed regularly and correctly will ago a long way in keeping your back healthy and pain-free
To book an appointment reach out to us on 080 – 33197515 or